Saturday, April 25, 2015

From MQM Supporter to PTI Worker By Ashir Ahmed

From MQM Supporter to PTI Worker By Ashir Ahmed

My name is Ashir Ahmed, I am a resident of Karachi and a hardcore Insafian. As we see many young boys getting their lives destroyed by joining this terrorist organization (MQM) is actually not their fault. It’s the fault of the society that we lived in. I used to be a MQM supporter back in the days, when I didn’t have knowledge about this mafia. Here’s my story.

I just like everybody else have been grown up in the same society, same atmosphere. When I was a kid, I used to see 15, 16 years old moving around and doing whatever the hell they want do. They used to have pistols and rifles at their homes and many times they used to walk around with it. And honestly it used to look pretty cool to me being 7 years old. At that time, I always imagined that when I grew up I’ll join MQM and I’ll have my own pistol and I’ll do whatever I want. People will be scared of me. I will be respected. And apart from that – I have saw MQM activities very closely.

My mother used to be a worker of MQM back since the 80’s. After her marriage, she took a break from the party activities. In the start of 90’s she was offered the position of sector in charge of Gulshan Town but she refused it. This was the time when Altaf Hussain used to be in Karachi. After the refusal by my mother, she was called at Nine Zero by Altaf Hussain. He asked why you are refusing this position. My mother replied, I will support the party but I can’t accept a position because I also have to look after my children. Altaf Hussain respected that and grants her leave from party activities. My mother was also offered MPA seats in the elections of 2003 and 2007. But she did not take it. But later she totally cut herself from MQM. That’s how I got to see things from very closely.

I never had interest in politics. Since the media become free in Pakistan and the culture of talk shows started – These talk shows were basically entertainment. From that I started watching those shows and my interest started to build in politics. I started to find out the realities. After getting to know about the reality of politics, I hated every single politician in the country. But one day I was watching the news and I saw Chairman PTI Imran Khan leading a protest in Karachi against drone strikes. That was the very moment that inspired me. From there I started to follow Imran Khan. I used to watch his old clips on YouTube, start reading his old statements etc.

Then, the day came – 30th October 2011 (PTI Lahore Jalsa). That Jalsa shake the Pakistani politics. The impact of the Jalsa was huge. Never in the history of Pakistan, families and the young generation attended any political gathering but they attended that very Jalsa. It was a start of a new era. I did not attend the Jalsa but watched the whole Jalsa Live on PTI Live Stream Channel. Then there came – 25th December 2011 (PTI Karachi Jalsa). I attended the Jalsa as a supporter of Khan and his vision (PTI). That Jalsa made me join the new force in Pakistan politics - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.

PTI’s main attraction was its presence on Social Media. In 2012, through twitter I was recruited by Umair Shaukat (Head of ISF Social Media 2012-13) into ISF Twitter team. That was the time when I officially started to work for PTI. Few months later, through a friend I was introduced to PTI Karachi Social Media Team and they got me recruited there. Later in 2014, I was given the Lead of PTI Facebook (Sindh). And just few months back on January 2015, I was appointed as the Social Media Head (Karachi). And Alhamdulliah I’m giving my very best in the struggle of a Naya Pakistan.

Those who think that the society isn’t changing – think again. Because I am a very example of that the society has changed. And that I am not a part of that particular Mafia Group.

Those who are still blind following these mafias – it’s time to open your eyes and see the truth itself.

Insha’Allah, soon we will have a Azad Karachi – Naya Karachi.


by webmaster@insaf.pk (tkiadmin)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Comments